While sofrim abound in the Jewish world, it remains a challenge to find ready, quality parshiyos that are written by a qualified and G-d fearing sofer for the right price.
Tiferes offers the perfect solution for STa"M retailers:
Check out our catalog now for a glimpse of our quality and amazing prices!
1. Request to see the parshiyos and ask a sofer or magihah for their take on their kashrus, quality, and value.
2. Inquire that the sofer is a yirei shamayim (by speaking to his shul rav, for example).
3. Inquire about the hechsher of the parchment.
4. Request that the parshiyos be written on thin, quality parchment.
5. As a hiddur, ask for parshiyos that are written by a sofer who has kept a taanis dibbur.
6. As a hiddur, if you use Arizal or Sephardic writing, request that the names of Hashem be written according to the guidelines of the Zohar.
7. There is no hiddur to use handmade parchment, but some are stringent to do so.